Menu Close

The tea was “bad” –

So I put it in the corner.

This entire post ended a lazy Saturday day off.  I had intended on using the wordpress.com android app to make a quick dorky post about the tea.  What it turned out being was an afternoon spent adjusting setting on the site.

Today had started out great.  Waking up at the crack of noon with just enough time to get ready for the OU vs UCLA game.

As I was enjoying the day watching my puppy be very vocal while playing with one of her toys. I tried to upload the above image and it failed with the error – image exceeds upload size.

I investigated and found that I was limited to 2MB. I immediately realized that if I am to use this site as my personal feed then I would need to increase the size.

I tried uploading a php.ini file with the following settings:

upload_max_filesize = 64M
post_max_size = 64M
max_execution_time = 300

It did not work.  There was mention that it could depend on your server and if it is cached.  So I decided to relax a little, watch the ending of the OU thumping of UCLA and play some World of Tanks.

While playing I got an idea and went to the cpanel and made the adjustments using the host’s php settings tool.  I refreshed and it was done. Some more investigating lead me to find that the system had created a php.ini file with the following settings.

asp_tags = Off
display_errors = Off
max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 60
max_input_vars = 1000
memory_limit = 128M
post_max_size = 64M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56"
upload_max_filesize = 8M
zlib.output_compression = Off

I am not sure why my php.ini file did not work, but at this point of the day I am not concerned. I just know that it is now fixed and in time to enjoy the Notre Dame vs Ball State game.

Have a great day!

 

 

Posted in Random

Leave a Reply