“Google Play Services has stopped” error message started to pop up on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Shortly after, my tablet experienced a slew of weird behavior. The most concerning, constant reboots. So I decided on a factory reset. If you do not know how to reset your tablet to factory settings click here.
After the reset I continued to get the – “Google Play Services has stopped” error message. I decided to reinstall the package manually.
I will keep this short and sweet.
- Enable third party software installs
- Download Google Play Services and Google Play Store for your device on a computer
- Transfer the files to your device via usb
- Using a file browser go to the directory where you placed the files.
- Tap first on the google play services and then the google play store to install the software